Thursday, November 12, 2009

Structured or Scattered?

I have been working on my final reflection paper and I came to realize that I have a "mental dyslexia". Can you guess what I am trying to say?

Different thoughts come up all scattered and I can't focus on just one thing so I start writing, writing and I really have a lot of interesting things to say but I can't seem to be able to fit all my great thoughts and make them into a structure. And everything in life needs to be presented in some sort of structure right?

Henne says I have to work from top-down and not bottom-top. If that works for most people that's very interesting because I can't.

I was thinking that almost everything in life comes in some sort of structure. A story, a building, a drawing, a composition, a family, a therapy and a reflection paper. But why is structure so important in everything we do? Does structure assure sense of control in our lives?

Can it also mean that if I cannot have structured thoughts, people can perceive me as an unstable person? Is this a rational thought or an irrational one?

Well, all I know is that it's quite depressing to compete in this structural world with "mental dyslexia".

No comments:

Post a Comment